Love, romance and dating through the eyes of a bachelor

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

In The Beginning...

And so it begins.  Welcome to the premier entry for "The Bachelor Diaries".  I know, I know, you're curious.  What is this blog about?  Who is it for?  Do all marsupials have pouches?  Do bachelors really keep diaries?

In order, the answers are: It's about being a bachelor, it's for you, no (the short-tailed opossum has no pouch) and I don't think so.  See, you're already learning fun facts to wow your friends and startle your family with. And that's what this blog is about, really; learning.  This isn't some kind of introspective search for the meaning of life, or to discover the secrets of the universe.

No, this is a simple, straightforward look into the life of a confirmed, seemingly condemned bachelor for life.  This is a place for other bachelors to come and share experiences, relate to others who are single and searching, or single and not searching or single and clueless about how to even begin a search, or don't know what they're searching for.  This is a place to ask questions, share stories and generally take a look at ourselves and laugh.

Oh, and by the way, if you think this blog is just for guys, well, you're wrong.  Ladies are not only welcome, they're encouraged.  Ladies know bachelors.  They're brothers, friends, perhaps even unrequited loves.  This is a place to come and ask questions.  Are you looking for the best present to get a bachelor?  This is the place to come.

Are you just looking for insights into the workings of the male mind?  You've come to the right place.  Because, you see, I've been a guy my whole life.  I know how we work, how we operate, how we think.  I don't understand women, obviously, but really, who does?  Other women don't even understand women, so I'm in good company.

Also, this isn't some mysoginistic sort of thing where I bash on women and lament how abused men are.  Screw that.  I love women.  Adore them.  Hey, some of my best friends are women.  I'm actually here to help women understand men, so that, someday, there will be a distinct shortage of bachelors in the world.  In fact, that's my goal, my mission, if you will.  To help make the bachelor an endangered species.  And by the way, women can be bachelors, too.  I mean female actresses are actors, female mail carriers are still mailmen, single women are also bachelors. 

What's that you say?  You want to know a little about me?  Well, sure, why not.  I'm 40.  I've never been married, never had children and I can count on one hand the number of relationships that I've had that have lasted for longer than one year.  I'm a struggling freelancer in public relations, a former journalist and I perform improv and singing in downtown Denver at a place called the Bovine Metropolis Theater.

I'm overeducated and uneremployed, considering going back to school, love brunettes, I'm a leg man and when I say a woman's personality is important, I really, really mean it.

So there you go.  That's me in a nutshell.  I'll be following this up with entries about dates, apartment living and the bachelor lifestyle in general.  Please ask questions of me if you have any, I'd love to hear them, and eventually, I'll start answering your questions in my entries.  Don't worry, I'll keep your identities secret if you wish. 

I guess that's it for now.  I'll be posting regularly.  I hope you enjoy this place and keep coming back and letting your friends know about this blog. 

Now, let's have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment